In our Catering Guide we give Menu Ideas to caterers for a 4 week cycle of meals. But the ideas are equally good for individual vegetarians or vegans. Please note:
You can click onto two versions of the planner on the menu on the left. The first planner is for vegetarians, not vegans. Nevertheless, many of the meals mentioned are vegan, or have vegan versions, and a number of the foods mentioned, like yoghurt and cheese have vegan alternatives. The second version of the planner is 100% vegan.
- We are not suggesting that you follow these planners specifically. They are simply intended to show how easy it is to cater for vegetarians or vegans, with variety and nutrition taken into account.
- The menus are examples only, and cover a mixture of seasons
- The planners aim for a good daily nutritional balance, and great food variety over each week
- Many alternatives can be substituted, including ready-made foods
- All the meals can be served to non-vegetarians – and many are designed so they can be prepared alongside similar non-veggie meals
- Items such as shepherd’s pie, sausage, bolognese etc – mean the vegetarian versions!
Recipes for many of the dishes mentioned in the planners can be found within the VfL Recipe Service web pages.