This is a really mild and creamy Indian dish, best served with basmati rice.
750g / 1.5 lb mixed vegetables (use a mix of 2 or 3 different vegetables e.g. broccoli, green beans, peas, cauliflower, courgettes)
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 cloves of garlic
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp turmeric
Few cardamom pods
2 -3 cm / 1 inch piece root ginger
400 ml / 0.7 pint water
50g / 2oz creamed coconut
2 tbsp lemon juice
100g / 4oz ground almonds
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Add the mixed vegetables (chopped if appropriate) to boiling water and cook for about 5 minutes until tender. Drain and put to one side.
2. Chop the onions; crush the garlic and sauté in the oil until the onions are soft.
3. Stir in the cumin, coriander, and cumin, together with the crushed cardamom pods and grated ginger and cook on a low heat for a few minutes.
4. Add the water to the pan and bring to the boil, gradually adding the creamed coconut, cut into thin slices, and heat until the coconut has melted.
5. Add the lemon juice, and ground almonds and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Pour the korma sauce over the cooked vegetables, heat gently and season to taste.